Question:
How common is getting sick from eating sushi?
ambulina54
2006-04-03 14:19:41 UTC
I love sushi and have never gotten sick before- will it happen one day...?
Eleven answers:
2006-04-03 14:21:43 UTC
Not if you go to a clean, reputable place. I've eaten sushi hundreds of times and never gotten sick. I've never even heard of this happening, and there are like, a billion sushi places where I live. Maybe a few people have gotten food poisoning from a dirty place, but it doesn't happen often.
persontrainer
2006-04-03 16:07:13 UTC
It's very rare for someone to get sick from sushi. Most places are watched closely by the board of health. I have found several people have gotten upset stomachs afterwards, due to excessive use of soy and dipping sauces. That much salt really can mess up one's system.
2016-11-12 11:12:26 UTC
the actual shown reality that fish is uncooked doesn't advise it truly is risky. however, with a view to eat fish uncooked it desires to be kept very sparkling. Spoiled fish is undesirable for you, not uncooked fish. some sorts of fish are poisonous and some sorts from certain areas can include parasites that must be killed by freezing the fish for type of 15hrs formerly getting waiting. human beings do fall ill from sushi no matter if it isn't prepared or kept miraculous, clone of human beings fall ill from potato salad that has been sitting in the solar for 2 days.
kingbodonti
2006-04-03 15:12:41 UTC
Surprisingly its not so common.

Sushi is not the only preparation of raw fish. All over Holloand and some other countries you can see raw herrings or other fish being sold.

I've seen other variations of sushi too.
furnace4bro
2006-04-03 14:23:36 UTC
Shouldn't. I eat sushi all the time, never been sick. Great stuff. Been eating it for most of my life.
Bogeythedog
2006-04-03 19:54:40 UTC
Not very common. If your sushi chef is trained correctly you shouldn't be at risk of illness (due to the sushi, at least).
2006-04-03 14:24:37 UTC
Very common. President Bush is going to make this a cornerstone of his next State of the Union Address.
blue_llusky
2006-04-03 14:21:54 UTC
It's caused by bacteria. Make sure it is very cold before eating it, as the cold kills the bacteria. If it is warm or lukewarm, stay away from it.
Eagle
2006-04-03 14:22:25 UTC
I don't know i don't eat raw fish I think it is gross.
thesunnshynne
2006-04-03 15:20:20 UTC
cuz its discusting
2006-04-03 14:21:54 UTC