Question:
Do Orientals Really Cook Rats In American Chinese Restaurants?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Do Orientals Really Cook Rats In American Chinese Restaurants?
Twelve answers:
punchie
2013-05-02 22:26:08 UTC
Yes, absolutely...everything you read and hear on the Internet and from your really smart friends is true. In fact, you've eaten so much Chinese food that you've probably eaten about 50 rats by now. Tasty huh. Turn up your intelligence...please.
S.K.
2013-05-02 18:23:37 UTC
Of course not. You know how hard they are to catch, and how little meat there is?

Plus the word "Oriental" is considered offensive my many people from Asia. Welcome to the New Millennium, where we try not to offend.
pennybarr
2013-05-02 22:33:15 UTC
Really Leonard, really! Do you honestly believe that American Chinese Restaurants cook rats etc. and serve it to their customers. With our Health System and the many Board of Health Restaurant Inspections and many Cities using Posted health and cleanliness ratings; using rats and other rodents or unacceptable animals or critters in food would get a food establishment closed down in pretty short order.

Cece is right about that little boy in the documentary, but the documentary was about China not the USA.
CO the Old Dog
2013-05-02 19:27:36 UTC
No. Check out "Restaurant Impossible" and notice the restaurants that Robert finds that cockroaches & rat droppings in the kitchens. The restaurants are not oriental nor asian. Scary & unhealthy.
?
2013-05-02 18:25:01 UTC
NO
saraimay75
2013-05-02 22:27:34 UTC
NO!!! Why would they???? Rats could make people sick.
2013-05-03 03:55:00 UTC
Sumtin Wong with this quetion !!!!!
ELSEGUNDO
2013-05-02 20:40:03 UTC
If they do, it taste ***** awesome! As a matter of fact, I'm going down to Lee's to get me some Kung Pao " CHICKEN" and some Sweet and sour " pork"! Also, it's ASIAN not ORIENTAL!
?
2013-05-03 01:54:35 UTC
I think your referring to asians....and yes we do.
2013-05-02 14:49:41 UTC
You must be very young, or perhaps just not very bright?

Wholesale, raw chicken meat (already off-the-bone) is about 29 cents a pound...

A REALLY fat rat only weighs about 2lbs, and less than 8 ounces of that is "meat"....prepping a rat takes about ten to fifteen minutes, so a skilled chef could fillet perhaps four an hour....even IF you could get him/her to do that for minimum wage ($7.25/hour), that rat meat would end up costing you $3.13 a pound, instead of 29 cents a pound....

Are YOU really that dumb, or do you just think all Chinese people are that dumb?
Cecesan
2013-05-02 19:46:43 UTC
I saw a documentary about China cuisine and there was a sweet looking rosy cheeks boy about 10 years old with two thumbs up and said" Mickey mouse is velly good ! I don't think Chinese restaurants in America, but then again, you never know, if they found one running in the kitchen, and chop chop into the soup it goes, otherwise NO at the moment until someone reports it *
?
2013-05-02 18:25:38 UTC
Oh ya, and cook babies and dogs to meet American taste because americans love eating human's face and brain. Americans are so fat, no offense but it's true.